“Project I – International Rhythms” presented on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at St. Illuminator’s John Pashalian hall, truly was full of “international” rhythms with lots of Spanish guitar music as well as English, Italian and of course Armenian music. The program also included a guest performance by international singer/songwriter Monica Lofgren (Sweden) and by many rising new talents.
We had the privilege of having amongst us Rev. Fr. Mesrob Lakissian, Pastor of St. Illuminator’s Armenian Cathedral, Rev. Fr. Abraham Malkhasyan, Pastor of the Armenian Church of the Holy Martyrs as well as many representatives of different Armenian organizations.
The cozy atmosphere created by the performers specially with the funny jokes and friendly comments made by the group’s director Harout Barsoumian, made the audience feel like at home and led them into interacting with the performers more, which was the case with the encore “Volare” where they sang along with joy. Everyone was also amazed with the way the hall and the stage were set up and decorated, and of course the delicious food on the tables.
“International Rhythms” was the first of a series of small projects that will lead the group to their upcoming big show in the fall of this year, so keep your eyes and ears open for upcoming projects and shows from “Huyser”!
Here are some beautiful comments made by the attendees of “Project I”
– “My thanks to all of you for a great performance. You all were amazing!!! I really enjoyed the concert. Again, thank you for the incredible concert.”
– “It was the best event ever.”
– “You were all amazing…all talented too…Abrik..Vartskernit gadar”
– “Nice event… excellent entertainment… like to see more…”
– “Dear Harout, we really enjoyed the concert. Thank you”
– “Guys your concert was a great one, glad we could come, wish you all success.”
We would like to thank all of the attendees and supporters of our group, without whom we could not succeed.